About this Blawg
As you may have guessed from the title or the posts, this is a legal blog (“blawg”) about a moderately esoteric area of Canadian law: Conflict of Laws. It is authored by Seva Batkin, Articled Student at Clark Wilson LLP. This blawg contains my personal reflections and comments on ongoing developments in this area of law, identifying what I believe are important cases and commenting on their significance. While I have a specific interest in British Columbia law, I will strive to discuss legal developments from all common law provinces across the country.
Please note the following terms and disclaimers, which you are deemed to agree to if you use this blawg.
- The material and hypertext links provided on this blawg are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice and may not be up to date. You should always consult a lawyer if you feel that something I said here may be applicable to your situation.
- I am not a lawyer (yet). I am, however, an Articled Student.
- I am not an expert or specialist on conflict of laws. I am, however, an interested amateur.
- The opinions expressed in articles contained on this blawg are my personal opinions and occasional value judgments, and do not reflect the opinion of Clark Wilson LLP.
- Use of and access to this blawg and the transmission and receipt of information via this blawg does not create a lawyer-client relationship between me or Clark Wilson LLP and the user or browser. You should contact your lawyer to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem.
- I do not purport to guarantee the confidentiality of any information transmitted to me via this blawg or by e-mail. You should assume that any such information will not be held by me in confidence.
This blawg is provided by me on an “as is” basis. I expressly disclaims liability for any and all damages and losses (whether direct or indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive or otherwise) arising from or in any way related to the use of this blawg, the information contained on this blawg, or hypertext links provided on this blawg, including, without limitation, damage to any computer, software or data by any virus which might be transmitted or activated via this blawg or access to this blawg, any breach of copyright or other intellectual property right, and contravention of any local, national or international restriction on the publication or transmission of information
This blawg is not a democracy, and while I welcome everyone’s feedback, moderation is turned on and every post will be vetted for appropriate content in my discretion.
I encourages users to exercise discretion when using the hypertext links on this blawg. Any hypertext link may ultimately direct the user to websites or other blawgs containing information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. The suitability and content of information accessed by hypertext link from this blawg are the sole responsibility of the persons or organizations that maintain that information. If you have questions about the content of a particular linked website or blawg or information related to it, contact the person or webmaster responsible for that website or blawg.
Access to this blawg for the purpose of browsing information via the World Wide Web is encouraged; all other attempts to access this blawg, the related computer systems, or its resources are unauthorized. Unauthorized use of a computer system is a criminal offence in Canada.